SCORE BIG CUP INSTANT WIN GAME & SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C. VOID IN NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES, ELSEWHERE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED.
1. How to obtain the QR Code. Score Big Cup Instant Win Game & Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) will begin on September 21, 2022 at 7:00 am EDT and end on October 25, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion will consist of an instant-win game (“Game”) and random draw sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). The in-store distribution of the Promotion QR Code on 37.5 oz. Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® cups (each, a “Cup”) will conclude on October 25, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. To obtain the Promotion QR code for a chance for an instant win prize and one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing, visit any participating Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® restaurant during the Promotion Period and purchase a large 37.5 oz. beverage while supplies last (for locations, see http://www.carlsjr.com and http://www.hardees.com). To receive a chance for one (1) instant win prize and one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing without making a purchase, follow the instructions in Section 3 below.
2. Eligibility. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States and Washington D.C., excluding residents of New York, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories, and where restricted or prohibited by law, who have reached the age of (18) eighteen in their state of residence by September 21, 2022. Employees of Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC (“Sponsor”), or any other company involved in the execution of the Promotion, their parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies, together with the immediate families and those persons living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible.
3. How to Participate. When a customer scans the QR code on a specially marked 37.5 oz. Cup for this Promotion using their mobile device, they will be directed to https://www.scorebigsweepstakes.com where they have a chance to receive one (1) instant win prize and one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing by following the instructions to make a virtual locker room door selection and entering their email address and other requested information. To receive a chance for one (1) instant win prize and one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing without making a purchase you may do one of the following methods: Method A - send a request with name, valid email address, resident address, date of birth, Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® Customer to Score Big Cup Instant Win Game & Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280-9921. The Sweepstakes administrator will play the instant win game on your behalf. You will be notified via email of the instant win prize for the game and be entered into the grand prize drawings. The mail in request must be postmarked by October 25, 2022 and received by November 2, 2022; or Method B - visit https://scorebigsweepstakes.com and follow the instructions to make a virtual locker room door selection and enter your email address and other requested information. All Game food prizes are delivered in the form of a mobile offer via a unique alphanumeric code, which must be loaded into the winner’s Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards App or account on the website. Registration in Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards program via the mobile app or website and acceptance of My Rewards Terms and Conditions are required. Food prizes must be redeemed by applying the mobile offer to a digital order via the Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards mobile app or website by December 31, 2022. Additional offer terms and conditions apply and will be sent with the prize verification email, and also in the Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards mobile app or website. If you participate via the QR code or Method B described above and are a Game winner, your prize will be revealed online, and you will also receive an email confirming the prize you have won and, if you have won a food prize, a unique alphanumeric code needed to load into your Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards App or website.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person (email and physical) per day and one (1) instant win prize per person per device during the entire Promotion Period.
4. Sweepstakes Winner Drawing & Notification. Two (2) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Sweepstakes entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization on or about November 3, 2022. Potential winners will be contacted via the mailing address, email or telephone number submitted at the time of entry. Potential winners will be required to complete a winner’s affidavit, a liability release, and (where lawful) a publicity release prior to receiving the prize. Failure to return the affidavit within seven (7) days of receipt will result in the prize being forfeited and a new potential winner may be selected for the applicable prize. If a potential winner is not eligible or cannot be reached by telephone, email, or mail, after the second attempt, or if the prize notification is ignored, returned as unclaimed, not timely responded to, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the applicable prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsors sole discretion.
5. Sweepstakes Prizes and Odds. Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. The First Grand Prize will consist of a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Atlanta, GA, tickets for winner and one (1) guest to a College Football Conference Championship Game, scheduled to take place December 3, 2022. Trip must take place on dates specified by Sponsor. First Grand Prize Trip will consist of: Roundtrip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home to Atlanta, GA. Airport, airline, and flight itinerary determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Guest of First Grand Prize winner must also travel from same airport/itinerary as First Grand Prize winner and will be solely responsible for any costs incurred traveling to and from the same airport. Included will be four (4) days, and three (3) nights hotel accommodations in Atlanta, GA. Hotel to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion for two people (single room, double occupancy). The First Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will arrive on Thursday, December 1, 2022, and depart on Sunday, December 4, 2022. The Second Grand Prize will consist of a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Pasadena, CA, and tickets for winner and one (1) guest to a College Football Bowl Game and VIP Experience in Pasadena, scheduled to take place January 2, 2023. Trip must take place on dates specified by Sponsor. Second Grand Prize Trip will consist of: Roundtrip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home to Pasadena, CA. Airport, airline, and flight itinerary determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Guest of Second Grand Prize winner must also travel from same airport/itinerary as Second Grand Prize winner and will be solely responsible for any costs incurred traveling to and from the same airport. Included will be four (4) days, three (3) nights hotel accommodations in Pasadena, CA. Hotel to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion for two people (single room, double occupancy). The Second Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will arrive on Saturday, December 31, 2022, and depart on Tuesday, January 3, 2022. Actual prize value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination and seasonal factors. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip airfare at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Official Rules as part of the Grand Prize, including but not limited to, meals, gratuities, incidentals, airport fees, parking fees, personal charges at the hotel, etc., are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Travel companion will be required to execute a liability/publicity release prior to ticketing airline flight (Tennessee residents need not execute publicity release). All elements of Grand Prize must be used during the same trip. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $8,000.00. Total ARV of all Grand Prizes: $16,000.00. The odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize will depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
All Prize Winners are responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes and fees, if any. Prizes are non-transferable, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitutions or cash redemptions, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, each winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize-related activity. Each winner understands and agrees that Sponsor and the applicable prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove such winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor for the total ARV of the applicable prize.
6. Instant Win Game Prizes and Odds. The odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize are 1 in 1:3 and the odds of winning a particular Instant Win Game prize depend both on the number of eligible instant win game plays received throughout the Promotion Period and the exact date and time in which you participate in the instant win game.
|Instant Win Game Prizes||Qty||ARV of Each Prize|
|LG OLED 65” TV or similar||5||$1,800.00|
|Free Small Natural Fry||76,500||$2.40|
|Free Small Coca Cola® or soft drink||75,000||$2.09|
|Free Chocolate Chip Cookie||75,000||$0.97|
|Free Famous Star with cheese||36,000||$5.10|
|$10 Gift Card||100||$10.00|
|Free Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit||37,500||$3.83|
Total number of Instant Win Game prizes to be awarded: 300,105. The total ARV of all Instant Win Game prizes is $750,325.00.
7. Instant Win Game Prize Claims. Food prizes must be redeemed in the Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® My Rewards App at the restaurant cashier by December 31, 2022. Non-food prizes will be mailed to the address provided by the entrant. P.O. Boxes are ineligible. Please allow six weeks after the Promotion Period for delivery of non-food prizes.
8. Total Prizes Awarded. Total number of prizes available to be awarded: 300,107. Total ARV of all prizes: $766,325.00. Only the number of prizes stated herein will be awarded. All instant win prizes will only be awarded during promotion period. Any prizes notifications that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will remain un-awarded. If printing, seeding, technical, computer, human or other errors result in more valid, eligible prize claims for any prize than the number of that prize set forth in these Official Rules, all such eligible, non-suspect prize claims received for the applicable prize will be combined in a random drawing to award the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules for that prize.
9. Prize Conditions. All potential winners are subject to verification. All federal, state, municipal and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Releasees are not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed. WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS-IS. RELEASEES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, LEGAL COMPLIANCE WITH RESPECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS THEREOF. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
10. Game 2nd Chance Drawing. Unclaimed Instant Win Game prizes may be awarded, if applicable, subject to the receipt of a sufficient number of eligible 2nd chance entries, in a random drawing at the conclusion of the Promotion from among all eligible 2nd chance entries received. The 2nd chance drawing will be conducted on or about November 30, 2022, by an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this drawing. The 2nd Chance Drawing entry period begins on October 27, 2022 at 7:00 am EDT and ends on November 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST. To enter 2nd Chance Drawing, hand print name, address, email address, daytime phone, and date of birth (entrant must be at least 18 years of age on the 2nd chance drawing date) on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and mail with sufficient postage for receipt between October 27, 2022 and November 30, 2022 to: “Carl’s Jr® and Hardee’s® Score Big Cup” Instant Win Game & Sweepstakes 2nd Chance Drawing, P.O. Box 809004, Houston TX 77280-9921. Limit one (1) 2nd Chance Drawing mail in entry per person. Also, limit one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope. Typed, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically reproduced outer envelopes/requests are NOT allowed and will be void. Odds of winning in 2nd Chance Drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received. The value of any un-awarded prizes will be kept by Sponsor.
11. General. VOID IN NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES, ELSEWHERE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED. All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or exchanges, except by Sponsor or applicable prize retailer due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All expenses on receipt and use of prize and any federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner. All QR Codes and unique alphanumeric codes are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained or in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeit, altered, defective, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way or (c) contain printing, typographical, mechanical, seeding or other errors. Sponsor’s liability for QR Codes containing printing or other errors is limited to replacement of such QR Codes with another eligible QR Code, while supplies last. By entering the Promotion, entrants hereby waive and release and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, CDM/TSC, and prize providers and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, licensees, franchisees, contractors, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives, retailers, advertising or promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy) in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, those arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion, or from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, cellular equipment towers, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, wireless phone/handset and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. Releasees assume no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended, or rescheduled events (including flights) beyond their control. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Releasees are further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt, or processing of the entries. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and understand that the results are final in all respects. By accepting the prize, winner grants to Sponsor and its advertising and promotions agencies the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown and biographical information, for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and promotion), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, each winner releases Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this program, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize related activity and claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, defamation or prize delivery. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the entire Promotion or modify the Promotion, if it determines that the integrity of the Promotion has been jeopardized. In the event of such cancelation Sponsor shall award the remaining prizes via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Governing Law; Disputes: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the Prize award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Houston, Texas; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 9 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees or incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules that may cause the application of a law other than the law of the State of Texas.
13. Sweepstakes Winners List. To obtain the names of the Sweepstakes prize winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT and WA residents may omit self-addressed postage but include self-addressed envelope) after December 20, 2022, and no later than January 20, 2023 to: Score Big Cup” Instant Win Game & Sweepstakes Winner List, P.O. Box 809004, Houston TX 77280-9921.
14. Sponsor. Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC, 6700 Tower Circle, Suite 1000, Franklin, TN 37067-1490.
15. Administrator. CDM/TSC, 7140 W Sam Houston Parkway N Houston, TX 77040
©2022 Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC. All rights reserved.